Dear SOG Members, Dear Colleagues,
Please look below and read carefully the information for panel and papers submissions for the SOG Research Committee 27 panels at the 23rd IPSA World Congress. The congress will be held at Montreal, Québec, Canada, 19-24 July 2014.
As usual, SOG (Structure and Organisation of Government) will present several panels. There is a ceiling of 10 panels per RC. However joint panels, co-organized with other research committees or sub-sections of national political science associations, are encouraged and will be allowed above the 10-panel limit.
The official final deadline for submitting RC complete panels (topics, abstract, paper givers) on the IPSA web site is October, 7 2013.
In order to organize this process, SOG will have a three steps process. Please note that the timing of the process is rather short.
1) Step 1 – Deadline August 25th, 2013 – Call for SOG panel proposals at the 2014 IPSA Congress
- The deadline to submit to us your panel proposals is August 25, 2013.
- Panel descriptions must not exceed 1500 characters (approximately 250 words). Please do not include references or bibliographical notes in the abstract text. A panel includes a convener with a Chair, co-chair and aThe convenor may act as a Chair, Co-Chair or Discussant. A panel proposal can include potential papergivers and titles of their communications but this is not compulsory. Please mention all contacts for the panel.
- If we receive more than ten panel proposals, we will have to make a selection. Please note that joint panels, co-organized with other research committees will permit to exceed the 10-panel limit.
- We will confirm the acceptation or rejection of your panel proposals on September, 2.
- Please note that no individual may make more than one appearance in the program in each of the following categories:
- Chair or co-chair of a panel
- Paper giver
2) Step 2 – Deadline September 25, 2013 – Submission of paper proposals for SOG panels
- By September 2, we will send a call for papers with the list of the accepted SOG panels.
- Individual will be asked to make paper proposals to the panel organizers. The deadline to submit paper proposals will be September, 25 2013.
- Paper proposals will be submitted to accepted SOG panel proposers.Paper abstracts must not exceed 1500 characters (approximately 250 words). Please do not include references or bibliographical notes in the abstract text.
- Between September 25 and October 2, SOG Panel organisers will make the selection of papers for their own panels. Panels require a minimum of four (4) accepted papers to be accepted in thePanels cannot exceed six (6) accepted papers. Panel proposers will have to accept/reject the panel proposals they received.
- Please note that participants to the IPSA Congress and the SOG panels will have to be SOG and IPSA members.
3) Step 3 – Deadline October, 7 2013 – Submission online on the IPSA website of complete closed panels by SOG panel organizers/conveners + Individual Submission online for all accepted paper givers
- Before October 7, panel proposers will have to submit their completed panel online.
- When a panel is completed and ready to be incorporated in the Congress Program, it will be sent via the panel submission form on the Congress website. The deadline is October, 7 2013. The person submitting the panel online is the panel convenor (also being the panel chair or co-chair).
The link is : http://www.ipsa.org/events/gateway?destination=my-ipsa/events/submit/panel
- In addition, each abstract/paper presented in the panel needs to be submitted individually by the paper author. The panel convenor will be able to send an invitation to paper submitters to submit their paper directly to the panel.
- All closed RC panel submissions should be submitted by October 7, RC panels must be completed by November 8 with all chairs, co-chairs, discussants and papers assigned.
We hope you will be able to participate to the Congress and we look forward to hearing from you.
All the best
Joel, Philippe and Per